|Salary payments in cryptocurrencies.
Way to go! New Zealand… will legally allow companies to pay salaries in cryptocurrency starting September 1, becoming the first nation to do so, according to a Financial Times report.
Bitcoin…to replace the New Zealand dollar on workers’ paychecks.
The Caveat… The country’s tax agency ruled salaries and wages may be paid in cryptocurrencies so long as the preferred digital coin is pegged to at least one standard, or fiat, currency.
- It is good sign when countries are viewing cryptocurrencies as an asset rather than a speculative pump and dump.
- September 1st is only two weeks away. Will be an interesting to see how many people take their salary in Bitcoin and if other countries follow.
Number Of The Week: $10 million
Initial minimum investment to join Facebook’s cryptocurrency, Libra foundation.
Samsung’s crypto wallet adds support for Bitcoin.
Limited to few devices… Currently Samsung’s flagship devices, the Galaxy S10, S10+, S10 5G, and S10e, as well as the newly launched Note 10 and Note 10+, have the cryptocurrency wallet.
Available in 7 countries… Canada, Germany, South Korea, Switzerland, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Samsung is an early believer in the cryptocurrency movement more than most companies.
- Samsung continues to invest in the crypto space by integrating crypto wallets to their smart phone and buying blockchain patent.
- Currently, Samsung wallet supports Ethereum and Ethereum Tokens (ERC-20).